Cayuse424 is a web-based system with a direct portal to Grants.gov which provides a faster and more reliable grant proposal submission system. It also assists faculty with preparation of the application packet by maintaining a database of standard information related to the University, faculty, and staff which will autofill the application forms. Cayuse424 also includes an electronic routing system for internal approval and signatures which eliminates the need for hard copy signatures.
If you are planning on submitting a grant proposal or graduate practicum, please contact RSP at 438-2528 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an individual training session.
Cayuse for Illinois State University may be accessed at: https://ilstu.cayuse424.com You may bookmark this page for future use.
Cayuse Proposal Submission Policy:
- All lead-PIs must go through Cayuse training with a RSP staff member prior to using the system.
- All PIs must notify RSP of their submission plans before starting a proposal in Cayuse.
- Proposals must be fully routed and approved and in RSP’s queue for approval a minimum of three business days before the submission deadline.
- It is the PI’s responsibility to make sure the proposal is moving through the routing chain in a timely manner. It is not RSP’s responsibility to monitor the routing chain approval process. RSP will provide assistance to correct a problem if requested by the PI.
- If the proposal does not complete the routing process until the deadline date, RSP cannot guarantee the proposal will be reviewed before submission. If the proposal has all the required approvals, RSP will submit the proposal without review if we are up against the deadline.
- Proposals that have not completed the routing process and received all the required approvals will not be submitted.
- If it is 4:30 p.m. (the time when most administrative offices at ISU close) on the deadline day, and the proposal has not been fully routed and approved, RSP staff may leave without submitting the proposal. It is up to RSP staff discretion as to whether they are able to stay after 4:30 p.m. in an attempt to get routing approval and/or submit proposals. Staff are not obligated to stay after 4:30 p.m. It is the PIs responsibility to work with the RSP staff member in order to submit a proposal on the deadline day.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please contact RSP immediately at 438-2528 or email@example.com.
Cayuse Grant Proposal Submission Process:
This document provides tips for starting and working on your proposal within the Cayuse system.
Quick Start Information for PIs:
- Configuring your Browser - Firefox is the recommended browser to use Cayuse424. However, Internet Explorer will also work. (Note to MAC users: Cayuse is not fully fuctional with Safari yet.) You will need to do some minor configuration of whichever browser you choose to use.
- Professional Profile & Starting a New Proposal - One of the first things you will want to do in Cayuse424 is complete your Professional Profile in order to use the autofill feature. Then, you will be ready to start your proposal.
- Upload your documents and use the "Exploder" feature -Cayuse424 has created a process called the "Exploder" to make uploading your Research Plan easier(for proposals requiring the PHS 398).
Cayuse Proposal Submission forms:
SAMPLE Proposal Summary form (replaces the paper Proposal Submission form). This form will be completed within the Cayuse system. All areas highlighted in yellow need to be completed.
Additional forms to be used in the Cayuse system may be found in the "Forms" section of the website.
- Does Cayuse 424 Support Macintosh, iPads, or iPhones? http://support.cayuse.com/faq/does-cayuse-424-support-macintosh-ipads-or-iphones
- Why do I get a MIME type error when attempting to upload a file with Firefox? http://support.cayuse.com/faq/why-do-i-get-mime-type-error-when-attempting-upload-file-firefox
- How do I view a PDF from Cayuse 424 on a Mac? http://support.cayuse.com/faq/how-do-i-view-pdf-cayuse-424-mac